Thread: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster limited edition announced

Queen Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster limited edition announced Crescent's Avatar

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster limited edition announced

Square Enix has announced the rumored limited edition for Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster in North America and Europe and PAL territories.

Available in “very limited quantities,” those who pre-order the game on PlayStation 3 for $39.99 will receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition, which includes an exclusive 24-page art book and packaging. The art book contains quotes and commentary from several of the original development team members, including a special message to the fans from producer Yoshinori Kitase.

In related news, Famitsu this week reveals the game’s new audio drama is set one year after the events of Final Fantasy X-2, and will introduce new characters and feature original illustrations. In the PS Vita version, which is broken into two games, the drama will be accessible through both.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster is due out this fall. A new video comparing the original SD game to the new HD version can be seen below:

Source: FINAL FANTASY X/X-2: SD vs HD Video, Pre-Order for Art Book Edition – PlayStation.Blog

Registered User Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster limited edition announced
    Yay! I ordered from amazon.com a long time ago I love limited editions.

Queen Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster limited edition announced Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karyta View Post
    Yay! I ordered from amazon.com a long time ago I love limited editions.
    So did I! As well as the Kingdom Heart's limited edition. Well I can say wholeheartedly that Square is taking all of their HD remasters seriously.

Kingdom Hearts got:
    Newer character models
    New orchestrated soundtrack (for the first game)
    Modern gameplay revisions (camera/reaction commands for special moves)
    Days as a 3 hour movie

and

FFX|X-2 HD remaster is getting:
    New Character models
    New textures for enemies
    New International content (at least for the US it'll be new)
    New 30 minute Episode

I Love being a Square fan sometimes

Registered User Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster limited edition announced
    Yeah, I got Kingdom Hearts Remix preorded as well. I love being a square fan too

I love the new content they are putting into these as well, really excited! I wish they would release a date for FFX/X-2 already! It's killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by karyta View Post
    Yeah, I got Kingdom Hearts Remix preorded as well. I love being a square fan too

I love the new content they are putting into these as well, really excited! I wish they would release a date for FFX/X-2 already! It's killing me.
    Awesome! Get all that extra content/merchandise while u can. I feel spoiled. Haha I dont mind waiting they've given me what I asked for a NEW FF(sick of that XIIIshit)- XV formerly known as VersusXIII. I'll wait patiently now, whenever Square's ready.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster limited edition announced noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm so stoked for this. Like. Beyond belief. For the International Version mostly, but I'm trying to convince the BF that we -really really- need to pre-order it.

Registered User Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster limited edition announced Cyric's Avatar
    I wonder if I still have enough time to get the limited edition. This was one of my favorite Final Fantasy games. Some of the characters were a little O_o, but the game play was fantastic. Blitzball needs to make a comeback. xD